Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Issue in importing the fully exported dump file. (Windows server 2016.)
Issue in importing the fully exported dump file. [message #673377] Sun, 18 November 2018 09:43 Go to next message
rajeshsvnr
Hi All,

I have an issue in importing the dump file.

I have one full exported dump file in one server1 which consists of all users.
Server1 has below tablespaces:-
Tablespace Datafile
-------------------------
MARIAN D:\ORADATA\SDBFT\DBF\MARIAN01.DBF
M_INDEX D:\ORADATA\SDBFT\DBF\M_INDEX03.DBF

I need to import that dump file into server2.I did not created any users and tablespaces in server2.
I imported the dumpfile using the below command.

>impdp DIRECTORY=DATA_PUMP_DIR LOGFILE=fibimport.log DUMPFILE=FIB_CURRENT01.DMP full=y

When i tried to import the dump file, am getting the errors like
cannot create datafile D:\ORADATA\SDBFT\DBF\MARIAN01.DBF
and user invalid.

Can anyone suggest me of how to import the dumpfile.
Re: Issue in importing the fully exported dump file. [message #673378 is a reply to message #673377] Sun, 18 November 2018 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You must:
1/ copy and paste the export command AND its log (removing the table details)
2/ Copy and paste the import command AND its log (removing the table details)
3/ Post your Oracle versions of BOTH databases, with four decimals
4/ Before, read How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read and apply it to your post
5/ BEFORE, feedback in your previous topic

[Updated on: Sun, 18 November 2018 10:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issue in importing the fully exported dump file. [message #673439 is a reply to message #673378] Tue, 20 November 2018 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajeshsvnr
The problem regarding the tablespace(cannot create datafile D:\ORADATA\SDBFT\DBF\MARIAN01.DBF) was solved by creating all the tablespaces in the new server.
Re: Issue in importing the fully exported dump file. [message #673440 is a reply to message #673377] Tue, 20 November 2018 03:02 Go to previous message
gazzag
You need to pre-create the tablespaces MARIAN and M_INDEX. Check on server1 for all the users' default tablespaces and create them too.
Previous Topic: How to Import(IMPDP) an Schema having trailing space from an FULL export dump in Windows 2008R2 ( 64
Next Topic: Query on importing dump file.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:05:37 CDT 2024