Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » can i read the value of client session in to the code in 10g (6i to 10g migration)
icon5.gif  can i read the value of client session in to the code in 10g [message #401795] Wed, 06 May 2009 07:56 Go to next message
sirivijay
Hi,
I am looking for some information of reading the session value in code in oracle 10g..

i had a temporary xml file which is generated everytime with unique name in temp folder of app server .then it is transferrred to temp of client and opens in the browser.

In server,as temp folder and filename is common,this creates an issue when another user requests it at the same time ,.in that
case any one of us will get a wrong result

i am planning to create a directory dynamically with the name of session id in the server.and delete it after the file is transferred..

is it possible? or any best alternative available for this??

Please help..
Re: can i read the value of client session in to the code in 10g [message #401846 is a reply to message #401795] Wed, 06 May 2009 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TonyJaa
Hi,

You can get SESSION_ID OR CLIENT_INFO by
SELECT USERENV('SESSIONID'), USERENV('CLIENT_INFO') FROM DUAL;

Good luck
Re: can i read the value of client session in to the code in 10g [message #401949 is a reply to message #401795] Thu, 07 May 2009 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Why don't you just use the 'temp 'or 'tmp' directory?

David
Re: can i read the value of client session in to the code in 10g [message #402038 is a reply to message #401795] Thu, 07 May 2009 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirivijay
This worked for me..Thanks..
Re: can i read the value of client session in to the code in 10g [message #402068 is a reply to message #401795] Thu, 07 May 2009 08:30 Go to previous message
sirivijay
There is a report file generated in the temporary folder of the server when client clicks a button,and it is transferred to the client's temp.As the name of the file generated is same for any user's request..it will transfer a wrong report file from server temp to any one of the two persons who are using this at the same time.

so i created a directory dynamically and named with the session id.created the files there and deleted this folder when once the files are transferred to the client.

This solved the issue..
Previous Topic: problem with when-validate-item
Next Topic: Data Base Objects referenced by a FMB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:30:57 CDT 2024