Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » stop detail block from executing (forms 10g)
stop detail block from executing [message #409747] Tue, 23 June 2009 19:11 Go to next message
nastyjillu
Hi, i have a form with multiple tabs.

master block has several detail blocks. all blocks are in tab canvases including master block.

now i want one of the detail block to get executed only when the tab of that block is selected.

the deferred property of the relation is 'YES', even though the detail block is getting executed when i first open the form.

there is on-populate-details trigger in master blk. but its executing detail blocks only when detail block is coordinated.

then why the detail block is still executing???

thanks
jillu

[Updated on: Tue, 23 June 2009 23:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: stop detail block from executing [message #409768 is a reply to message #409747] Tue, 23 June 2009 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you defined the 'detail' block before the 'master' block in the Form?

David
Re: stop detail block from executing [message #409770 is a reply to message #409768] Tue, 23 June 2009 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nastyjillu
No David. master block is defined first
Re: stop detail block from executing [message #409803 is a reply to message #409770] Wed, 24 June 2009 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay, let's go through the behaviour of your form.

You have a master block on a tab and, say, three detail blocks each on their own tab. You have three 'relations' defined in your form, one for each master-detail relationship.

Please confirm. I will have to get back to you tomorrow after I have run a few tests. I think each block IS accessed on start up but I have to create a test form to prove this.

Maybe someone else can help.

David
Re: stop detail block from executing [message #409952 is a reply to message #409803] Wed, 24 June 2009 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nastyjillu
Quote:
You have a master block on a tab and, say, three detail blocks each on their own tab. You have three 'relations' defined in your form, one for each master-detail relationship.

yes david. you are right.

i have an idea. see, when i say DEFERRED=YES then the detail block gets executed when i put cursor in the detail block right ?

so, when i click on detail block tab, the cursor will be automatically in the detail block only. so i think its getting executed that way.

but the problem is i wrote some messages that shows the value of detail block field as NULL initially and shows the value after few clicks on OK button in message box even before i click on detail tab. this is something wierd.

thanks
jillu
[EDITED by DJM: change [code] tags to [quote] tags]

[Updated on: Wed, 24 June 2009 23:08] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: stop detail block from executing [message #411225 is a reply to message #409952] Thu, 02 July 2009 09:28 Go to previous message
nastyjillu
if i say DEFFERED=YES, its not working yet.

the detail block is getting executed even before i click on that tab.

doesnt this work in tab canvas by setting defferred property to 'yes' ????

Previous Topic: How to make a field not updatable(update_allowed property)
Next Topic: Inventory Project solve problem & Inventory Project (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:45:18 CDT 2024