Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem : Browser Open After I Print Report (Direct Printing) IS there Solution (browser containt strange characters and jobid )  () 1 Vote
icon9.gif  Problem : Browser Open After I Print Report (Direct Printing) IS there Solution [message #422023] Sun, 13 September 2009 13:46 Go to next message
medosa
Problem : Browser Open After I Print Report (Direct Printing) IS there Solu

I Wrote A code to print report direct printing when i press a button the report is printed directly at the printer without any thing open
but a browser is open after the report is opened .
is there any solution to stop this browser from appearing when i print the report .

i use oracle forms 10g and reports in 10g .
and i use this library to print reports (" rp2rro ")

and this is the code that i write in the print button to print report directly

pl := create_parameter_list('PARAMLIST');
add_parameter(pl,'x',text_parameter,:value1);
add_parameter(pl,'PARAMFORM',TEXT_PARAMETER,'NO');

--This to specify the server that i will use to print the report over.

rp2rro.setReportsServer (call_rep_server(user));
rp2rro.setDesformat ('pdf');

-- these settings i configured inside the code
--destype=printer
--desname=\\200.200.200.22\hp2200

rp2rro.rp2rro_run_product(reports,'sticker',synchronous,runtime,filesystem,pl,'');

After i click print the report is printed directly to the printer i specified but after that the browser open with strange data like jobid and other data and strange characters i don't want this browser to open after i print the report is there any solution .
Re: Problem : Browser Open After I Print Report (Direct Printing) IS there Solution [message #423059 is a reply to message #422023] Mon, 21 September 2009 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at:
Closing / Minimizing the parent window when using separateFrame=true uses HTMLbodyAttrs=onLoad='javascript:self.moveTo(2000,2000)'
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2065746&#2065746

You may be able to modify it to close the window.

David
Re: Problem : Browser Open After I Print Report (Direct Printing) IS there Solution [message #423381 is a reply to message #423059] Wed, 23 September 2009 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
medosa
Thanks for your reply but i don't know where to put this Code
as i call the report by this line

rp2rro.rp2rro_run_product(reports,'sticker',synchronous,runtime,filesystem,pl,'');

i pass parameters and report name
and i don't know where to put the code

after i execute this line the report is printed directly to the printer but an HTML file open with these data
Like the pic i attached i don't want to show this page at all

i rely need help in this

/forum/fa/6801/0/
Re: Problem : Browser Open After I Print Report (Direct Printing) IS there Solution [message #425711 is a reply to message #423381] Mon, 12 October 2009 00:29 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

Have you tried using 'web.show_document' instead of 'rp2rro.rp2rro_run_product'?

Have you searched the 'reports' forum?

David
Previous Topic: scanning image
Next Topic: Convertion to Web Based Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:31:00 CDT 2024