Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » IMPORTANT: Form to export data to MS access and URGENT: Exporting data to MS ACCESS with a form (me
IMPORTANT: Form to export data to MS access and URGENT: Exporting data to MS ACCESS with a form (me [message #418381] Fri, 14 August 2009 07:59 Go to next message
igorcb
Firstly and before someone could ask the reason that I'd have the idea to migrate data from Oracle to MS access let me tell you that I'm not crazy.

In my country (Bolivia) there is a law (or regulation) that specifies that we have to send some information to the government in an access file and that the mentioned file must be generated directly from the application that we use without human intervention.
Well, years ago we have developed an application in forms 6i and used OCA to connect via ODBC to an empty access file that we copied from a template, there we created tables and data.
The problem is that now we are migrating our application to Forms 10g with an IAS implemented on a Unix AIX server and have no idea about how to do the same we did before to generate the access file in the client machine.
What we need is basically a form that would receive a query as a parameter and after executing it on the oracle data base would be able to insert the result on an access file placed in the client machine. Even better if we are able to manipulate access data base attributes like table structure and comments in columns.
If you have any idea please answer

Thanks on advance
Re: URGENT: Exporting data to MS ACCESS with a form [message #419074 is a reply to message #418381] Wed, 19 August 2009 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
igorcb
UP
Re: IMPORTANT: Form to export data to MS access [message #419866 is a reply to message #418381] Tue, 25 August 2009 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
igorcb
¿any idea?
Re: URGENT: Exporting data to MS ACCESS with a form [message #419932 is a reply to message #418381] Wed, 26 August 2009 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sharjeelshafqat

if you want to export your database in access format then use TOAD

thanks
Sr. Oracle Programmer
Sharjeel
Re: IMPORTANT: Form to export data to MS access [message #422904 is a reply to message #418381] Mon, 21 September 2009 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

I can think of two solutions:
1) You stated "the mentioned file must be generated directly from the application that we use without human intervention". I would define a 'batch' script as the application and that it invokes oracle to extract the data to a flat file which is then fed in as a parameter to another command which stuffs it into an Access database.

2) Attach the Access database to the Oracle database and stuff the data into it that way.

David
Re: IMPORTANT: Form to export data to MS access [message #422980 is a reply to message #422904] Mon, 21 September 2009 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
igorcb
Thanks David, no I really have not solved my problem,

I'll try both solutions that you suggest.

About second alternative: How would I Attach the MDB to my oracle Data Base?
I really don't understand this solution. By the way my IAS and my DB server are Unix AIX.
[EDITED by DJM: deleted completely useless quotation of preceding post]

[Updated on: Tue, 22 September 2009 01:22] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: IMPORTANT: Form to export data to MS access [message #423090 is a reply to message #422980] Tue, 22 September 2009 01:38 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Go to the Oracle Database Documentation Library at http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/homepage

Search for 'ms-access' and you will find links like
http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/search?word=ms-access&partno=

and you will/may also find http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/owb.111/b31278/concept_import.htm#BEIJJJJF

But as you are using AIX it would still be easier to create a flat file and feed it into Access later.

David
Previous Topic: FRM-40735: when-button-pressed trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01841
Next Topic: display problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:42:02 CDT 2024