Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How To Close Internet Explorer from Oracle Forms (Oracle Forms 10r2 On Windows XP)
How To Close Internet Explorer from Oracle Forms [message #423801] Mon, 28 September 2009 06:41 Go to next message
SGORTON
Once my user has completed his/her tasks in oracle forms, is there a way of closing Windows Internet Explorer programmatically through Oracle Forms?

I am not interested in the close_form built-in which simply closes the current window/form within the MDI frame(window). I want a sub-routine to shut down the MDI window at the same time while closing Windows Internet Explorer or the current tab page programmatically from Oracle Forms!

My desire is to have this routine called through a button on a canvas.

Any help would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 September 2009 06:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How To Close Internet Explorer from Oracle Forms [message #423805 is a reply to message #423801] Mon, 28 September 2009 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
It has been a while for me since I did this kind of thing. I seem to recall in the old days we used ORA_FFI (foreign function interface). You basically have to determine the DLL from windows that contains the function call you need to end a process or close a window or whatever, then use ORA_FFI to find/load/register/call/release the function in the dll. There may or may not be additional plsql work you need to do as well.

If you are running on the web then you need to use WEB_UTIL features for this too. You have some work ahead of you. Here is a place to get you started.

Good luck, Kevin
Re: How To Close Internet Explorer from Oracle Forms [message #425739 is a reply to message #423801] Mon, 12 October 2009 01:11 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Searching 'close window' found: http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/423059/67467/?srch=close+window#msg_423059

David
Previous Topic: Pre-Insert of Data Block doesn't work for me.
Next Topic: How to Create a Jar File in Oracle 10g?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:43:43 CDT 2024