Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Dynamically add checkboxes and radio buttons (Forms 10g Application Server, sun solaris)
Dynamically add checkboxes and radio buttons [message #427465] Thu, 22 October 2009 13:54 Go to next message
neurotox
I have to build an interface for ordering hardware. The hardware is grouped with other components. In other words, if the user orders Widget-A, the user is presented with a radio button group where "You must choose one of the following", with buttons labeled Option-1, Option-2, Option-3. However, if the user orders Widget-B, the user is presented with a radio button group where "You must choose one of the following", with buttons labeled Option-4, Option-5.

In other words:
Widget-A
You must choose one of the following
- Option-1
- Option-2
- Option-3
or

Widget-B
- Option-4
- Option-5

To make matters more complicated, different widgets may have multiple option groups:
Widget-C
- Option-1
- Option-2
- Option-3
- Option-4
- Option-5

The configurations are pulled out of the database, so I need to dynamically build these controls based on the Widget selected. Is my only option writing a custom java bean? Or is there a way to do this in the existing controls provided in forms?

Thanks so much in advance for all the help! By the way, I'm using Forms 10g Application server with forms being served on the Web via the applet.

Re: Dynamically add checkboxes and radio buttons [message #431138 is a reply to message #427465] Sun, 15 November 2009 22:36 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Jason,

This is fairly standard 'record_group' and 'LOV' behaviour for Oracle Forms.

Create and populate a table with 'widgets' and 'options'. I see this as initially being a two column table with 'widgets' and 'options', but you could use a third column to specify 'order inlist'.

Create a 'record_group' using the 'widget' part of the 'order' in the 'where' clause, create an LOV using this 'record_group' and then associate this LOV with the 'option' item in the order.

David
Previous Topic: exit
Next Topic: Call C Library Using Webutil and ORA_FFI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:55:35 CDT 2024