Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Looping data block without showing from....
Looping data block without showing from.... [message #428767] Thu, 29 October 2009 22:28 Go to next message
setsuna
Hi guy,

need some help here. May I know how can I execute a looping
statement on a data block of a form without showing it on screen during run-time...

To explained in details...

I had 2 canvases (canvas_a and canvas_b)with control block (BLK_A and BLK_B) respectively.

I had created the program in such a way that when I clicked a button in canvas_a, a looping will occur to retrieve data stored in items at BLK B and to perform excel report generation.

I had tried hide_view and various method to hide canvas_b but whenever the program starts to perform looping in BLK_B, canvas_b will show up in run-time.

Is there a method to allow me to perform a background looping without showing up the canvas?

Thanks a million in advance! Smile

Rgds
Setsuna
Re: Looping data block without showing from.... [message #428788 is a reply to message #428767] Fri, 30 October 2009 01:54 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Is there a method to allow me to perform a background looping without showing up the canvas?

If you are doing something in a particular block, you have to navigate there (i.e. set focus to an item that belongs to that block).

Therefore, I can think of two options: create one "dummy" column that belongs to BLK_B and place it on CANVAS_A. Make this item "navigable" so that you could GO_ITEM('blk_b.dummy_item') which would not display another canvas (which than means that other BLK_B items don't have to be navigable or even visible at all).

Or, you have to know which records are displayed in the BLK_B block, store them into the database (POST or COMMIT) and then do the job (looping, whatever) in a cursor loop which would select records from the database, not from the block.
Previous Topic: HELP --> error : PDE-PLI011
Next Topic: Excluding last comma
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:56:37 CDT 2024