Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Tab Page navigation issue in Oracle Forms 6i (Forms6i, Database 11.1.0.7.0 (11g), WIndows XP)
Tab Page navigation issue in Oracle Forms 6i [message #429242] Mon, 02 November 2009 12:55 Go to next message
sreddy.6881
Hi all

PLease help me out in this Issue.

I had created a form with 2 Tabs (TAb1, Tab2).
Tab1 has 2 datablocks (Datablock1 and Datablock2)
Tab2 has 1 datablock (Datablock3)

Datablock1 and Datablock3 are based on 1 table (Table1).
Datablock 2 is based in another table (Table2).

Since, Datablock1 and Datablock2 are in Tab1 and these datablocks are based on different tables (Table1 and Table2), I gave a MAster-Detail Relation and is working perfectly fine when i am entering the data in the form. (And even the data sre stored in tables also when i save it.)

My Problem is, When i try to enter any field in Tab2 (ie.,Datablock 3 which is based on same table Table1) after entering values in Tab1, and Save, It throws me an error stating, Cannot insert null into Field1(Which is a not null field in Tab1).

If i dont navigate to this TAb2 and Just enter values in TAb1 and Save it, it works.

But when i navigate to this Tab2 and try to save the form, it throws me the error.

What i think is, When i navigate to TAB2, TAb1 is getting inactivated and even if there is a value in that field its not identifying it.

Please Help me out..

Thank you
[EDITED by DJM: removed superfluous blank lines]

[Updated on: Mon, 23 November 2009 18:46] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tab Page navigation issue in Oracle Forms 6i [message #429316 is a reply to message #429242] Tue, 03 November 2009 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paddu_42
This is because the database block in tab2 canvas inserts a new record in the database that means a new row that is not equal to the tab1 canvas data block.so,the constraints are violating .thats why you are getting "can not insert not null value".please check all the constraints and create the datablock according to that.
Re: Tab Page navigation issue in Oracle Forms 6i [message #429369 is a reply to message #429316] Tue, 03 November 2009 07:19 Go to previous message
sreddy.6881
Thanks a lot for your reply.

ya, i deleted that datablock and manually created the fields for that Tab2 in a way that it gets created in Datalock1(which is in Tab1) and assigned them to the Dalabase columns....

This Worked...

Thanks again for your help.
Previous Topic: Oracle Form print directly to printer
Next Topic: oracle form runtime error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:24:43 CDT 2024