Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form 6i: Is character mode full screen menu possible? (Form 6i)
icon9.gif  Form 6i: Is character mode full screen menu possible? [message #430134] Mon, 09 November 2009 01:40 Go to next message
AnsuXlusive
Hi,

We are migrating oracle forms from 4.5 to 6i both based on window and character mode.

We have successfully migrated all the form to 6i on Linux and it is running fine.

The problem is that the menus were setup with a Menu Style of "Full Screen" in 4.5. But when run in 6i, the menu's are displayed as a single row across the top of the screen.

Client is bit rigid to retain their menu style in character mode after migration to 6i without going for Web solution.

I want to know, whether we can achive the full screen menu at all or not in 6i and if we can achieve then how?

Thanks in advance.

Ansu

[Updated on: Mon, 09 November 2009 01:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Form 6i: Is character mode full screen menu possible? [message #432405 is a reply to message #430134] Mon, 23 November 2009 23:47 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Either tell the client you can't or build new character forms that mimic the menus.

Please post an image of a "Full Screen" 4.5 menu. I may be able to think of further alternatives.

David
Previous Topic: dynamic item list 0 element
Next Topic: convert single byte characters to UTF8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:52:17 CDT 2024