Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Custom toolbar in multi-form app (Forms, 6i, Windows)
Custom toolbar in multi-form app [message #432277] Mon, 23 November 2009 06:36 Go to next message
DorianG
Hi all,

I've been requested to preform maintenance on one of our Forms apps.
The app includes about 90 forms that share a common Toolbar.
Currently, the code for the Toolbar resides in each of the forms, which is really complicated to maintain.

I've been trying to create a "Master" Toolbar that will be used to navigate to other forms,
the Toolbar should be visible and active at all times.
The Toolbar has custom graphics and has dynamic buttons (images read from the database and on-click triggers) so I cant use a menu module and smart-bar, or can I?

I tried making the Toolbar the main Toolbar for the MDI-Window, but how can i use one form's Toolbar for another form?

I also tried using OPEN_FORM with NO_ACTIVATE, the MDI-Toolbar appeared properly on top of the child window,
but when i pressed a button on the child window the parent form with the Toolbar disappeared.

I could really use help with this issue since updating the Toolbar in the current situation will take me many days.

Thanks.
Re: Custom toolbar in multi-form app [message #432739 is a reply to message #432277] Thu, 26 November 2009 00:17 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Make the toolbar an object and inherit it into your forms.

David
Previous Topic: Error regarding system variable
Next Topic: Mod and Remainder Numaric function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:33:18 CDT 2024