Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Help me please..Can not insert image to database with webutil (merged 2) & PROBLEM with insert i (window server2003 , oracle form dev10g suite)
Help me please..Can not insert image to database with webutil (merged 2) & PROBLEM with insert i [message #432659] Wed, 25 November 2009 09:45 Go to next message
tonna
Hello everybody
I do my project that have 2 form ,first is login form ,second form will recieve parameter username,password and user id from first form the problem is when i pressed update button to update username and password it was error FRM-40508
I was really confuse about this error,
i cannot resolve it for 3 days ,so help me please to config this problem ,and i'am not sure about pl/sql script about update.

thank you very very much for your kind to help me..
and this is UPDATE button

WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED

BEGIN

-------------USERNAME------------------
IF :USERNAME.USERNAME IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE ('PLEASE ENTER USERNAME ');
--MESSAGE(' ');
GO_ITEM('USERNAME.USERNAME');
RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
END IF;

IF :USERNAME.NEW_USERNAME IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('PLEASE ENTER NEW USERNAME. ');
--MESSAGE(' ');
GO_ITEM('USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD');
END IF;
----------------------------------

--------------PASSWORD---------------------
IF :USERNAME.OLD_PASSWORD IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE ('PLEASE ENTER OLD PASSWORD ');
--MESSAGE(' ');
GO_ITEM('USERNAME.OLD_PASSWORD');
END IF;

IF :USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('PLEASE ENTER NEW PASSWORD. ');
--MESSAGE(' ');
ELSIF :USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('PLEASE ENTER NEW PASSWORD VERIFICATION. ');
--MESSAGE(' ');
GO_ITEM('USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD');
ELSIF :USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD != :USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('PLEASE RETYPE NEW PASSWORD. VERIFICATION FAILED. ');
--MESSAGE(' ');
:USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD := NULL;
:USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD := NULL;
END IF;
-------------------------------------

-------UPDATE---------------
IF :USERNAME.USERNAME != :PARAMETER.P_USERNAME THEN
MESSAGE('PLEASE TYPE CORRECT USERNAME.');

ELSIF :USERNAME.OLD_PASSWORD != :PARAMETER.P_USER_PASSWORD THEN
MESSAGE('PLEASE TYPE CORRECT PASSWORD.');

ELSE
-------------I'm not sure how to code pl/sql update is this correct or not ----------
UPDATE USERNAME
SET USERNAME.PASSWORD = :USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD,
USERNAME.USERNAME = :USERNAME.NEW_USERNAME
WHERE USERNAME.USER_ID = :PARAMETER.P_USER_ID;
COMMIT_FORM;
-----------------------------------------
END IF;

END;
  • Attachment: RESTURANT.fmb
    (Size: 172.00KB, Downloaded 1234 times)
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432660 is a reply to message #432659] Wed, 25 November 2009 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
First off when posting code can you please use code tags - see the orafaq forum guide if you're not sure how.

FRM-40508 is ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record.

What's probably happening is that the commit_form is making the form apply the values you've entered in the datablock to the database. I suspect you haven't queried a record in the block so forms is treating it as a new record and trying to insert it. But since there already is a record with the same user_id you'll be getting a primary key error.

Making the datablock a non-database block should fix this.

Next time you get an error like this try using help -> display error on the run time menu to get the full details of the error.
In this case it should probably tell you that you got an ORA-0001 error.
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432666 is a reply to message #432660] Wed, 25 November 2009 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Thank you for your reply ,but i still confuse i already making the datablock that's non-database block but i still cannot update username and password i'm not sure that my code is work for update or not and how to query record that's you said"queried a record in the block ", help me please i was very confuse and cannot resolve this problem for three days ,That's very kind of you, Thank you very very much..
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432668 is a reply to message #432666] Wed, 25 November 2009 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
tonna wrote on Wed, 25 November 2009 16:28

i already making the datablock that's non-database block

are you sure you've done that?
Because in the form you've attached the username block is set to be a database datablock.

but i still cannot update username and password

What happens when you try it with the Database Data Block property of the username block set to No?
You certainly shouldn't be getting an FRM-40508 error, are you getting a different error?

and how to query record that's you said"queried a record in the block "

That would be when you use execute_query to populate a datablock from the database.
You don't want to do that here.
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432670 is a reply to message #432668] Wed, 25 November 2009 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Hello,Sir Thank you for reply i create new mannual datablock
that's not database datablock ,but when i click button submit to update username and password it's not any error but it's not update to my database and it's not to do anything. i was very confuse again with this situation. Could you please help me again ? Thank you very much .That's very kind of you..
    (Size: 168.00KB, Downloaded 1176 times)
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432673 is a reply to message #432659] Wed, 25 November 2009 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Try replacing commit_form with standard.commit.
If that doesn't work check that value of PARAMETER.P_USER_ID is what you think it is.
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432682 is a reply to message #432673] Wed, 25 November 2009 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Sir,I replace commit_form with standard.commit after i complie and click button to update it's error that's
FRM-40735: ON-ERROR trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-06502
,and parameter.p_user_id is parameter that's i want to check if user login to first form then send parameter to second form will send parameter username ,password and user id and it will update right username who login in first form.

but i still debug it but it still cannot update T_T Could you please check my form again ? Thank you very much ,That's very kind of you..
    (Size: 164.00KB, Downloaded 1181 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2009 12:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432683 is a reply to message #432682] Wed, 25 November 2009 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
THIS IS THE FIRST FORM LOGIN FORM THAT LINK TO RESTURANT.FMB
  • Attachment: LOGIN.fmb
    (Size: 56.00KB, Downloaded 1215 times)
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432775 is a reply to message #432659] Thu, 26 November 2009 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Unfortuneatly when I download your form it doesn't open the triggers properly so I can't check it.
Use messages to work out which exact line of code is giving the 6502 error then post the code from the trigger here (use code tags) and idicate which line is causing the problem.
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432845 is a reply to message #432683] Thu, 26 November 2009 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Hello ,sir i find what i'm wrong ,when i check to my parameter that you suggested ,i found that my parameter that's parmeter p_user_id doesn't send to second form ,Could you suggest me how can i send parameter p_user_id to second form with this login form , because it just send only parameter p_username and p_password ,please help me one more times i was really sad, i config with this all day for week.

could you please check my login form and send back to me ,that's very kind of you.

Thank you very very very much..
    (Size: 56.00KB, Downloaded 1138 times)
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432846 is a reply to message #432845] Thu, 26 November 2009 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
here is my triggers that i want to send parameter p_us
er_id but it not work what should i code..

first form login form

button login WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED

DECLARE

e_invalid_username	      EXCEPTION;  
v_param_list                   PARAMLIST;

------HOW CAN I SHOW USER_ID WHEN LOGIN CORRECT USERNAME AND HOW CAN I SEND PARAMETER P_USER_ID TOO.THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP-------------

CURSOR cs_account IS
	       SELECT  USER_ID,USERNAME,PASSWORD
	       FROM USERNAME
	       WHERE USERNAME.USERNAME =:USERNAME.USERNAME      AND USERNAME.PASSWORD =:USERNAME.OLD_PASSWORD  
	  ORDER BY USER_ID;

CS_ACCOUNT_ROW CS_ACCOUNT%ROWTYPE;

---------------

BEGIN

OPEN CS_ACCOUNT;
FETCH CS_ACCOUNT INTO CS_ACCOUNT_ROW ;
IF CS_ACCOUNT%FOUND THEN
	MESSAGE('YES!! CORRECT USERNAME AND PASSWORD');

--------------------------------------------------

v_param_list:=GET_PARAMETER_LIST('login_list');
         IF NOT ID_NULL(v_param_list) THEN
	  DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST(v_param_list);
          END IF;
          v_param_list:=CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST('login_list');
ADD_PARAMETER(v_param_list,'p_user_id',TEXT_PARAMETER,:username.user_id);
ADD_PARAMETER(v_param_list,'p_user_password',TEXT_PARAMETER,:username.old_password);
 ADD_PARAMETER(v_param_list,'p_username',TEXT_PARAMETER,:username.username);

--------------------------------------------

CALL_FORM('C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\project\form\RESTURANT.FMX', NO_HIDE,NO_REPLACE, NO_QUERY_ONLY, v_param_list);

ELSE
	RAISE e_invalid_username;
END IF;

CLOSE CS_ACCOUNT;

-------------------------------------------
EXCEPTION

WHEN e_invalid_username THEN
   		MESSAGE('INVALID USERNAME OR PASSWORD!!');
   		  MESSAGE('');

WHEN OTHERS THEN
       message('Error can''t be classified, Please contact Administrator.');
        MESSAGE('');
	      CLEAR_FORM(NO_VALIDATE, FULL_ROLLBACK);	   	 

END;

[Updated on: Thu, 26 November 2009 11:54]

Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432850 is a reply to message #432659] Thu, 26 November 2009 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Let me guess /forum/fa/1659/0/

:username.user_id is NULL in your login form since you haven't written any code to populate it.
Try changing this:
to this:
ADD_PARAMETER(v_param_list,'p_user_id',TEXT_PARAMETER,CS_ACCOUNT_ROW.user_id);
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432851 is a reply to message #432846] Thu, 26 November 2009 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
At five minutes ago i try my second form that's resturant form
that recieve parameter from login form,

this is my trigger update button that's update username and password

BEGIN

-------------USERNAME------------------
IF :USERNAME.USERNAME IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE ('PLEASE ENTER USERNAME ');
MESSAGE(' ');
END IF;

IF :USERNAME.NEW_USERNAME IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('PLEASE ENTER NEW USERNAME. ');
--MESSAGE(' ');
END IF;
----------------------------------

--------------PASSWORD---------------------
IF :USERNAME.OLD_PASSWORD IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE ('PLEASE ENTER OLD PASSWORD ');
MESSAGE(' ');
END IF;

IF :USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('PLEASE ENTER NEW PASSWORD. ');
MESSAGE(' ');
ELSIF :USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD IS NULL THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('PLEASE ENTER NEW PASSWORD VERIFICATION. ');
MESSAGE(' ');
GO_ITEM('USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD');
ELSIF :USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD != :USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD THEN
BELL;
MESSAGE('PLEASE RETYPE NEW PASSWORD. VERIFICATION FAILED. ');
MESSAGE(' ');
:USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD := NULL;
:USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD := NULL;
END IF;
-------------------------------------

-------UPDATE---------------
IF :USERNAME.USERNAME != :PARAMETER.P_USERNAME THEN
	MESSAGE('PLEASE TYPE CORRECT USERNAME.');

ELSIF

:USERNAME.OLD_PASSWORD != :PARAMETER.P_USER_PASSWORD THEN
	MESSAGE('PLEASE TYPE CORRECT PASSWORD.');

ELSIF

:USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD = :USERNAME.RETYPE_NEW_PASSWORD THEN

UPDATE USERNAME 
SET USERNAME.PASSWORD = :USERNAME.NEW_PASSWORD,
 USERNAME.USERNAME  = :USERNAME.NEW_USERNAME
WHERE USERNAME.USERNAME = :PARAMETER.P_USERNAME; <---it's work when i try to update that check from parameter p_username 
--[color=red]WHERE USERNAME.USERNAME=:PARAMETER.P_USER_ID;[/color]<--- [color=red]This is my Objective that i want to update that check with parameter p_user_id ,but it doesn't send from login form ,so i confuse how can i code for send parameter p_user_id.thank you for your help....[/color]
COMMIT;          

--------I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S DIFF ABOUT COMMIT,COMMIT_FORM,FORMS_DDL('COMMIT')AND STANDARD.COMMIT----
--COMMIT_FORM;
--FORMS_DDL('COMMIT');

END IF;

END;

Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432852 is a reply to message #432851] Thu, 26 November 2009 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Hello,sir when i try to change

TO

ADD_PARAMETER(v_param_list,'p_user_id',TEXT_PARAMETER,CS_ACCOUNT_ROW.user_id);

when i press update button
it was error this "FRM-40735:WHEN BUTTON_PRESSED trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01722. "
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #432854 is a reply to message #432852] Thu, 26 November 2009 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Thank you very very very Much Sir. Now i can update username ,password and other detail with parameter p_user_id,because i recieve help from you , That's very kind of you T_T I really happy now!!
Thank you from bottom of my heart... Smile Smile Smile

p.s. if i have any problem could i still ask you again?

[EDITED by LF: removed size 6 text formatting which was almost unreadable]

[Updated on: Thu, 26 November 2009 15:36] by Moderator

Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #433194 is a reply to message #432854] Mon, 30 November 2009 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Dear Sir,

I'm very thank you for your help in everything with update my form update data finish.

Sorry again to disturb you in to day i have the problem with insert image in to database use webutil with function client_image.read_image_file(),when i click to save button my resturant picture it's doesn't save image resturant to blob table it's just only show image ,although datablock is database block too.
i'm very confuse and don't know why? Could you please check my pl/sql code? Thank you verymuch,That's very kind of you..

This trigger is in button Browse
BEGIN

:RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH:= CLIENT_GET_FILE_NAME('C:\TEMP', NULL,'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|', NULL,NULL,NULL);

END;

This trigger is in button save image

DECLARE

IMAGE_PATH VARCHAR2(300);

BEGIN

IMAGE_PATH := :RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH;
 client_image.read_image_file(IMAGE_PATH,  'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|', 'RESTURANT.R_PICTURE');
client_image.write_image_file(IMAGE_PATH,  'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|', 'RESTURANT.R_PICTURE');

COMMIT_FORM;

END;

Fixed code tags - cm
    (Size: 156.00KB, Downloaded 1139 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 30 November 2009 11:07] by Moderator

Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #433258 is a reply to message #433194] Tue, 01 December 2009 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deeneshjoshi
write_image_file writes the image from a Oracle Forms image item into the specified file. But here you want to store it in db.

For that you need to use webutil_file_transfer.Client_To_DB. This function is used to upload a named file on the client into a BLOB column in the database. You must define the name of the target table, the name of the column, and a where clause that defines one and only one row in that table. This upload is carried out using the current database connection and schema privileges.

PS: jpg file more than 750 to 800 kb cannot be read. but you can read bmp file of any size.
Help me please..Can not insert image to database with webutil (merged 2) & PROBLEM with insert i [message #433271 is a reply to message #432659] Tue, 01 December 2009 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Dear sir,

I got problem with insert image to database field blob,
i have resturant form and use webutil ,because i want client to browse and insert their resturant picture sir, but the problem i don't know how send parameter with insert image together
,because i have 2 form first is login form have parameter username,password,user id ,so i send parameter from first form to second and i want to check restuarant id is equal to parameter user id then insert client restuarant image ,

when i complie and click at Browse button it already read image but cannot insert image to field blob sir , Could you please check pl/sql code for me or any suggestion to give client insert image to database that's parameter user id(p_user_id) qual to restuarant id(R_ID). Thank you for your help,That's very kind of you..

I Attach two form first is login form .

the second form is Restuarant form.

This trigger is in button Browse
BEGIN

:RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH:= CLIENT_GET_FILE_NAME('C:\TEMP', NULL,'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|', NULL,NULL,NULL);
END;

This trigger is in button save image
DECLARE

IMAGE_PATH VARCHAR2(300);

BEGIN

IMAGE_PATH := :RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH;
 client_image.read_image_file(IMAGE_PATH,  'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|', 'RESTURANT.R_PICTURE');

COMMIT_FORM;

END;

[EDITED by LF: fixed [code] tags, removed superfluous empty lines]
    (Size: 52.00KB, Downloaded 1090 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 01 December 2009 03:30] by Moderator

Re: PROBLEM with insert image with webutil [message #433278 is a reply to message #433271] Tue, 01 December 2009 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
THIS IS THE SECOND FORM RESTUARANT FORM
    (Size: 172.00KB, Downloaded 1141 times)
Re: error FRM-40508 help me please how to resolve [message #433357 is a reply to message #433258] Tue, 01 December 2009 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Dear sir,

Thank you for your reply, but i still confuse how to use function
could you please show me example how to use function to save image into database ,that's very very thank you. That's very kind of you...
Help me please..Can not insert image to database with webutil (merged 2) [message #433603 is a reply to message #433271] Thu, 03 December 2009 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Hello,experts I was stuck in this problem for a week , Anybody who can insert image to database with webutil please give me suggestion ,how can i insert image to database with webutil,because i make form that's give client can insert image to database.

Could you please check pl/sql code in button? Thank you very very much, That's very kind of you.. I waiting for anwser..

This is my trigger button Browse

DECLARE

V_FILE_NAME VARCHAR2(300) := CLIENT_GET_FILE_NAME('C:\', NULL,'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|', 'Browse Restuarant Picture',OPEN_FILE,TRUE);

BEGIN

:RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH:= V_FILE_NAME;
client_image.read_image_file(V_FILE_NAME, 'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|','RESTURANT.R_PICTURE');

END;

This is my trigger button save
(i want to save path picture and picture ,but the problem is picture's path can save but the picture cannot save to field blob how can i do ? Help me solve this problem please ....)
BEGIN

UPDATE RESTURANT 
SET
 RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH = :RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH
WHERE RESTURANT.R_ID = TO_NUMBER(:PARAMETER.P_USER_ID);

COMMIT_FORM;

END;

Re: Help me please about insert image to database with webutil [message #434270 is a reply to message #433603] Tue, 08 December 2009 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arni111

maybe this link could help you a bit
http://www.dbforums.com/oracle/990172-how-use-blob-clob-datatype.html

Regards
Arni
Help me please..Can not insert image to database with webutil [message #434335 is a reply to message #433603] Tue, 08 December 2009 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonna
Dear everybody,

I was stuck with this problem for two week i really need to know
how can i insert image with oracle form that use webutil , because
i want client can insert image to database

i create resturant form that this form can read image and insert path of image but cannot save image to database field blob i really need to know how to code pl/sql to insert image with webutil pleas please help me?

Thank you very much. my project dead line is 15th of this month
,so who know how to resolve please tell me to this e-mail (ton_liu@hotmail.com) or this forum, That's very kind of you.

this is my sample trigger code
browse button
DECLARE

V_FILE_NAME VARCHAR2(300) := CLIENT_GET_FILE_NAME('C:\', NULL,'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|', 'Browse Restuarant Picture',OPEN_FILE,TRUE);

BEGIN

:RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH:= V_FILE_NAME;
client_image.read_image_file(V_FILE_NAME, 'JPEG Image (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)|*.JPG|Bitmap Image (*.bmp)|*.bmp|GIF Image (*.GIF)|*.GIF|TIFF Files (*.tif)|*.tif|All Files (*.*)|*.*|','RESTURANT.R_PICTURE');

END;

this is trigger code

save image button

BEGIN

UPDATE RESTURANT 
SET
 RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH = :RESTURANT.R_PICTUREPATH
WHERE RESTURANT.R_ID = TO_NUMBER(:PARAMETER.P_USER_ID);

COMMIT_FORM;

END;

and this is my resturant.fmb
    (Size: 168.00KB, Downloaded 1138 times)
Re: Help me please..Can not insert image to database with webutil [message #434877 is a reply to message #434335] Fri, 11 December 2009 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beginnerHere
hey tonna,

i don't really know about web_util but if you simply want to insert image into database you could simply do it.

create a table with a blob datatype column, use the forms datablock wizard to create a form from that table. the blob column will ensure that on the form it shows an image item mapped to the column. place a button that reads the image from the system into the image item. behind the button write:

begin
	read_image_file('c:\1.gif', 'GIF', 'BLOCK_NAME.photo');
end;

where "C:\1.gif" is the full path of the image file and "photo" is the name of the image item created on the canvas by the datablock wizard.

commit the form. the image gets saved in the database. done.

hope it helps.
Re: Help me please..Can not insert image to database with webutil (merged 2) [message #437337 is a reply to message #433603] Sun, 03 January 2010 23:22 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Using 'commit_form' after a manual 'update' does not work as the 'commit_form' command checks to see if the status of the form has changed before doing the 'commit'. As the 'update' is manual, the status of the form has not changed and the 'commit' is not issued.

Use 'standard.commit' instead.

David
Previous Topic: Show 2 PDF files together
Next Topic: Parameter form calling report to destype=Mail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:27:53 CDT 2024