Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Reconnect at form runtime (Oracle form6, Oracle10g)
Reconnect at form runtime [message #437794] Wed, 06 January 2010 01:04 Go to next message
salora
Any one pls help me. I have the question about connection to oracle DB as follwing...

Is it possible to disconnect and re-connect to DB. during oracle form runtime. Any one have the code to do that, pls help.

thank in advance
Re: Reconnect at form runtime [message #437795 is a reply to message #437794] Wed, 06 January 2010 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Quote:
Is it possible to disconnect and re-connect to DB.during oracle form runtime.

What do you mean by that ?
1)Connect to another DB?
2)If One connection failed then connect to another Db ?
And Why you need that ?

sriram Smile
Re: Reconnect at form runtime [message #437798 is a reply to message #437795] Wed, 06 January 2010 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
salora
Thank you for your reply.

The reason why need to disconnect, because we need to save the resource, as following sinario...

1. When user retrive data as per as the given criteria. Then we prefer to disconnect DB (to save the resource)
2. untill user need to do something more , then we will autometic reconnect again.

Is it possible to that in oracle form runtime.

Thank you for you help.
Sad
Re: Reconnect at form runtime [message #437800 is a reply to message #437798] Wed, 06 January 2010 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
I am totally confused with your reply.

When ever the User got the answer then you should disconnect.?

there are so many other ways to implement resource management.i think its not proper..but Here is one link which not the complete solution But try this hope that will help you..And some other will help you on this topic.
Here is the link

Good luck Smile

Sriram Smile
Re: Reconnect at form runtime [message #437806 is a reply to message #437800] Wed, 06 January 2010 02:13 Go to previous message
salora
Thank you so much, for your help Sriram. Smile
Previous Topic: Help on Host built-in
Next Topic: HOW TO HIDE WEBUTIL INFORMATION AT STARTUP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:21:44 CDT 2024