Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » datagrid in forms 6i (forms 6i)
datagrid in forms 6i [message #439564] Mon, 18 January 2010 07:25 Go to next message
yasser_egypt2000
Dear sirs, please help me
i want to do datagrid or spreadtable in forms 6i for example i want to have list of all the tables in scema and then when i choose the table soon the datagrid control show the field and data of this table which i already select from list
pls anybody help me i did not find any material talk about that in details

best regards for all members
Yasser
Re: datagrid in forms 6i [message #439566 is a reply to message #439564] Mon, 18 January 2010 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
So you want to pick a table and then just display all the data from that? All columns? All rows?
Do you want to be able to modify the data?
Do you want to be able to restrict the data?
Re: datagrid in forms 6i [message #439597 is a reply to message #439566] Mon, 18 January 2010 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yasser_egypt2000
Dear sir
yes i want to pick table from list of scema tables and show the data on grid

no i do not want to update, but i want to print these data which inside the table

waiting your answer and thank you for your kindly reply
Yasser
Re: datagrid in forms 6i [message #439598 is a reply to message #439564] Mon, 18 January 2010 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
If that's all you want to do then you'd be better off using a tool that's actually designed to do that - like sqldeveloper or toad.
Re: datagrid in forms 6i [message #439607 is a reply to message #439598] Mon, 18 January 2010 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
My thoughts exactly.
Re: datagrid in forms 6i [message #439645 is a reply to message #439564] Mon, 18 January 2010 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tamzidulamin
U can use third party tools like toad...

Also u can design a dynamic form.U have to polpulate all table
from dba_all_tables for your current user in a Hierarchical tree of Htree item. Then u can pupulate selected table data into a form by when-tree-node-activated trigger.
I think your purpose will be solve by this way.but best solution is TOAD. http://www.quest.com/toad/
Re: datagrid in forms 6i [message #439672 is a reply to message #439645] Tue, 19 January 2010 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yasser_egypt2000
dear sirs, I can not use tools because i should do it in form and then the user will use this form to show his tables from list then data inside every table will be shown in datagrid then he can press button to print it

thanks anyhow
yasser
Re: datagrid in forms 6i [message #439692 is a reply to message #439564] Tue, 19 January 2010 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Doing what you want in forms - very difficult.
Doing what you want in sqldeveloper - very easy.

Use the right tool for the job.
Re: datagrid in forms 6i [message #439693 is a reply to message #439672] Tue, 19 January 2010 02:02 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That's unusual. How do you plan to print it? A printscreen? Might be OK if there aren't many records. What if there are hundreds of records within the table? [Scroll-down and printscreen] x many_times? I don't think so.

Basically, what you are saying is that you'd have SELECT * FROM some_table. In order to create a form, you have to use items. Each of them has its own datatype. It can not be modified during runtime (i.e. you have to create it withing the Forms Builder). So - how will you know which item represents which column? How will you adjust datatypes? Put everything into a character item? How large will they be? Item size can not be modified either. If there are many columns within the table, how will you show them all in a readable manner?

I think I could go on and on, but - I hope you got the point: Oracle Forms is not a tool for that. If you want to print data, use a reporting tool (such as Oracle Reports). If you want to manipulate with data, use Forms.

Perhaps you could do what you've imagined, but it would take too much effort and the result would still be suboptimal.
Previous Topic: WEBUTIL_FILE_TRANSFER.AS_TO_CLIENT
Next Topic: Can not connect to DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:30:57 CDT 2024