Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » List item issues (Windows XP2)
List item issues [message #442961] Thu, 11 February 2010 11:47 Go to next message
kalpataru
hello sir,
i want to know one thing can you please tell me

like vb 6.0 or vb.net in textbox's change trigger fires...
instantly when we start typeing in the text boxes...

can we achive this type of things in oracle forms without pressing the tab button and enter button on the key-board and also without using the java beans.

----------------------------------------------
and another thing is that in the list_items we are not writing in list_changed trigger it is ok to find a name by typeing the key board for example "when we type kal it is going to kalpataru"
but the problem arises when write the trigger list_changed.
for example when we type the emp name that particular employee details should appear in the grid, but the list_trigger fires
for other employee if we typeing for kurpasindhu but it showing me the details of kalpataru but when we write
go_item('list_name')
then it going one by one to kurpasindhu,
if such emp record is not present then it is showing no records found...

i want that after finding a particular emp.. the list_change should fire how can i achieve this please tellme..

i am waiting for your response............

CM: changed topic title to something vaguely descriptive

[Updated on: Thu, 11 February 2010 12:06] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: List item issues [message #442962 is a reply to message #442961] Thu, 11 February 2010 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
kalpataru wrote on Thu, 11 February 2010 17:47

like vb 6.0 or vb.net in textbox's change trigger fires...
instantly when we start typeing in the text boxes...

can we achive this type of things in oracle forms without pressing the tab button and enter button on the key-board and also without using the java beans.

As far as I'm aware java beans are the only way to do that.

kalpataru wrote on Thu, 11 February 2010 17:47

and another thing is that in the list_items we are not writing in list_changed trigger it is ok to find a name by typeing the key board for example "when we type kal it is going to kalpataru"
but the problem arises when write the trigger list_changed.
for example when we type the emp name that particular employee details should appear in the grid, but the list_trigger fires
for other employee if we typeing for kurpasindhu but it showing me the details of kalpataru but when we write
go_item('list_name')
then it going one by one to kurpasindhu,
if such emp record is not present then it is showing no records found...

i want that after finding a particular emp.. the list_change should fire how can i achieve this please tellme..

You're going to have to explain that better. I can't work out what you are trying to do. It'd probably help if you told us how many blocks the form has, and the relationship between them. What code you're putting in the WHEN-LIST-CHANGED trigger and what it is exactly that you expect it to do.
Re: List item issues [message #443108 is a reply to message #442962] Fri, 12 February 2010 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalpataru
thanks for your response........

1)give me a sample oracle form of text_box you are telling me about the text box issue.

2)my friend when i am trying to search a particular employee
at that time the

list_change trigger fires
(if it is written)

else
(if it is not written)
(it is finding the particular emp record according our requirement(it is the by-default nature of the list item)

i want the else part writing the list_change trigger can it possible

because my problem is that when i start typing on the list_item it is showing no records found(if the details of the emp is not found (i am writing there select count(*) from emp if count = 0 then the message no records found)). if some emp's record is found when typing suppose smi and from smi sm is showing on list and i typing on the first item of the next block showing details list of all the emp record is assigned.

i think you better understand this time..........

Re: List item issues [message #443421 is a reply to message #443108] Mon, 15 February 2010 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
kalpataru wrote on Fri, 12 February 2010 18:19

1)give me a sample oracle form of text_box you are telling me about the text box issue.

No idea what you mean

kalpataru wrote on Fri, 12 February 2010 18:19

2)my friend when i am trying to search a particular employee
at that time the

list_change trigger fires
(if it is written)

else
(if it is not written)
(it is finding the particular emp record according our requirement(it is the by-default nature of the list item)

i want the else part writing the list_change trigger can it possible

because my problem is that when i start typing on the list_item it is showing no records found(if the details of the emp is not found (i am writing there select count(*) from emp if count = 0 then the message no records found)). if some emp's record is found when typing suppose smi and from smi sm is showing on list and i typing on the first item of the next block showing details list of all the emp record is assigned.

i think you better understand this time..........

Still don't follow what you are doing. What type of list item are you using - Poplist, T-List or combo box?
How are you populating records based on what you've entered in the list item? What code and triggers are you using?
Re: List item issues [message #446931 is a reply to message #443421] Thu, 11 March 2010 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry that I have been so long in replying. Have you solved your problem?

I suggest using a record_group defined in Forms Builder and not a dynamically populated one. They are simpler.

David
Re: List item issues [message #447034 is a reply to message #446931] Thu, 11 March 2010 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalpataru
SIR ,

A FEW MONTHS BEFORE I HAVE ALREADY ASKED A QUESTION
THAT

1)TEXT BOX ISSUE
-----------------------------------------
I WANT THAT WHEN I PUT 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 OR ANY NUMBER INTO THE TEXTBOX THEN THE POST_CHANGE TRIGGER INSTANTLY FIRES AND IT SHOWN THE RESULT IN THE TOTAL TEXT_BOX 0,1,2,3,4,5,6
LIKE THIS BUT YOU HAD SAID THAT IN ORACLE FORMS IT CAN BE POSSSIBLE ONLY USING THE JAVA BEANS,

SO I WANT THAT YOU JUST GIVE ME A SAMPLE FORM(.FMB FILE USING THIS CONCEPT AND ALSO THE .JAR FILE) OF FULLY SOLVED THIS ISSUE.

2)LIST_ITEM ISSUE
-----------------------------
I WANT TO SHOW A MESSAGE WHEN A PARTICULAR SUPPLIER DETAILS
MEANS GARN NOs AND GARN DATE ARE CHANGED BUT IT IS SHOWING
THE MESSAGE BEFORE SELECTING MY PARTICULAR SUPPLIER(LIST_CHANGED TRIGGER FIRES.

SO PLEASE GIVE ME THE SAMPLE FORM OF THIS CONCEPT TO MY E-MAILID)

I HAVE WRITTEN THIS CODE IN LIST_CHANGED TRIGGER
================================================
WHEN A PARTICULAR SUPPLIER IS SELECTED THEN HIS GARN NOs AND GARN DATE ARE LOADED IN-TO A GRID;

IF SUPPOSE ONE SUPPLIER IS SELECTED AT THAT TIME I AM GOING FOR ANOTHER SUPPLIER THEN IT IS SHOWING THE BELOW MESSAGE BUT BEFORE SELECTING A PARTICULAR SUPPLIER.

DECLARE
	V_NUM NUMBER;
BEGIN
 IF :BLK_GARN.GARN_NO IS NOT NULL THEN
    SET_ALERT_PROPERTY('USER_ALERT',TITLE,'Warning');
    SET_ALERT_PROPERTY('USER_ALERT',ALERT_MESSAGE_TEXT,'Are You Sure To Clear All The Details...');

V_NUM := SHOW_ALERT('USER_ALERT');

IF V_NUM = ALERT_BUTTON1 THEN
     CLEAR_ALL;
     GO_BLOCK('BLK_BILL_DET');
     CLEAR_BLOCK(NO_VALIDATE);
--CLEARING FOR SELECTED SUPPLIER AND POPULATING FOR GOING TO BE SELECTED SUPPLIER.
  END IF;
END IF;

LOAD_GARN(:UNBOUND.SUPPLIER);

END;

THIS IS THE PROC TO LOAD EMP DETAILS
-------------------------------------
PROCEDURE LOAD_GARN(SID IN NUMBER) IS
		CURSOR CURSOR_GARN IS
			Select
			distinct GARN_No,GARN_date
			from web_inventory.INV_MRN_GARN A,web_purchase.PUR_PURCHASE_ORDER B 
			where A.GARN_NO <> 0 
			and A.BILLED = 'N' 
			and nvl(A.Delflag,'N')='N'
			AND A.PO_ID=B.PO_ID
			AND B.PO_TYPE<>1
			and B.Supp_ID=SID
			AND A.COMPANYCODE=:global.CompanyID
			AND B.COMPANYCODE=:global.CompanyID
			order by A.GARN_No;

I NUMBER := 1;

BEGIN
		GO_BLOCK('BLK_GARN');
		CLEAR_BLOCK(NO_VALIDATE);
			LAST_RECORD;
		FOR rec IN CURSOR_GARN LOOP
			:BLK_GARN.SLNO := I;
			:BLK_GARN.GARN_No := REC.GARN_No;
			:BLK_GARN.GARN_date := REC.GARN_date;
			CREATE_RECORD;
		I := I + 1;
		END LOOP;
		FIRST_RECORD;					
END;

CM: Added [code] tags, please do so yourself next time.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 March 2010 04:48] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: List item issues [message #447036 is a reply to message #442961] Thu, 11 March 2010 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Don't post in all capital letters - it's considered shouting.
Re: List item issues [message #447040 is a reply to message #447036] Thu, 11 March 2010 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalpataru
sorry sir

next time i will

actully idon't know.

please answer me of those questions.
Re: List item issues [message #447197 is a reply to message #442961] Fri, 12 March 2010 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
1) - No idea
2) - What do you want it to do?
Re: List item issues [message #447646 is a reply to message #447197] Wed, 17 March 2010 01:28 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
1) If you can wait until the user LEAVES the item then the standard 'when-validate-item' trigger can be used to populate the other field. Alternatively, use the 'Calculation' feature of the newer version of Forms to do th calculation.

2) Please give us more details of what you wish to do.

David
Previous Topic: error FRM-30427 & FRM-30085
Next Topic: embeding thumb scanner in oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:25:44 CDT 2024