Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Finger prints in Forms 6i (plus rant from user) and OCX object problem (merged by DJM)
Finger prints in Forms 6i (plus rant from user) and OCX object problem (merged by DJM) [message #312412] Tue, 08 April 2008 16:38 Go to next message
mughal_raja

Hi all gurus

i need help from you peoples
i have a thumb reader device and i want know how it works such as

A.How to read data from serial port or usb port

b.how to save data into a oracle table or in a text file

c.How to match finger prints

these three question i am asking from you in this forum first time i hope i will get possitive response its very urgent

thanks in advance

Raja

email: mughal.raja@yahoo.com

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2008 14:18] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: I NEED HELP URGENT!!!! [message #312441 is a reply to message #312412] Tue, 08 April 2008 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
A) Search this forum for 'serial'. Basically, a device will come with an interface driver or API. Read its manual or CD. Look at the examples in or on it.

B) To save into a table is standard Oracle database stuff. To write a file use either 'utl_file' or 'text_io'. Open your Forms Builder, go to the bottom of the displayed hierarchy, click the '+' (plus sign) next to 'Built-in Packages' to see the list of packages that are built-in to Oracle Forms. Connect to your database. Under 'Database Objects', click the '+' next to 'SYS', click the '+' next to 'PL/SQL Stored Program Units'. You will see many 'DBMS_' objects and many 'utl_' objects. Read about them and determine which ones are applicable to your application. (Hint: Double click the '(Package Spec)' to display a description of the package. Alternatively get "OracleŽ Database, PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference, 10g Release 2 (10.2), B14258-01" or later.)

C) Read the documentation that came with the scanner. (Talk with a previous client of the scanner manufacturer. Your organisation WILL have paid in the purchase price of this equipment for access to this list of people.) The scanner will create a 'number'. You convert all existing images to a 'number' and store them in the database. From the scanner you will get a 'live' 'number'. Search your database for that 'number' and there is your owner.

David
Re: I NEED HELP URGENT!!!! [message #312653 is a reply to message #312412] Wed, 09 April 2008 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughal_raja

THANKS FOR REPLY MR DAVID

I CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT EERU SAID PLS TRY FIND ANY PERSON WHO CAN SEND ME A SAMPLE CODE OF THIS FINGER PRINTS MATCHING I WOULD BE THANKFUL TO U

RAJA
Re: I NEED HELP URGENT!!!! "FIND SOLUTION" [message #312774 is a reply to message #312412] Wed, 09 April 2008 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughal_raja

HI THANKS FOR REPLY

BUT I CANT UNSERSTAND WHAT EVER WRITEN IN THE MAIL
PLS TRY TO FIND ANY SAMPLE CODE FORM WHICH IS RELATED TO FINGER PRINTS MATCHING AND SEND IT TO ME I WOULD BE THANKFUL TO U

RAJA

mughal.raja@yahoo.com
HOW TO MATCH FINGER PRINTS IN FORM 6I "PLS" [message #312776 is a reply to message #312412] Wed, 09 April 2008 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughal_raja

ANY TO GENIUS TO HELP REGARDING FINGER PRINTS MATCHING BY USING FORM 6I.I AM HAVING HAND PUNCH MACHINE AND I WANT READ DATA FROM PORT AND SAVING TO INTO TABLE OR IN A TXT FILE AFTER MATCH FINGER PRINT WITH SAVING IMAGE

THANSK

RAJA
Re: HOW TO MATCH FINGER PRINTS IN FORM 6I "PLS" [message #312788 is a reply to message #312776] Wed, 09 April 2008 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
@mughal_raja: would you, please, stop flooding the Forum with the same question all over again? Furthermore, stop using all capital letters. If you keyboard is broken, replace it. Moreover, punctuation exists - use it! Reading sentences (if one may call "it" a sentence) with no punctuation is rather difficult.
Rant by new user [message #312806 is a reply to message #312412] Wed, 09 April 2008 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughal_raja

HOW are you IF YOU DONT KNOW THE ANSWERS THEN YOU SHOULD BE QUITE LET THE ANSWER SOME OTHER FROM THE FORUM AND ONE MORE THING INCREASE YOUR SKILLS FIRST AND DONT FEEL SHAME IF YOU DONT KNOW THE ANSWER IAM THE NEW ONE IN THIS FORUM HAVE'NT GET ANY RELEVANT ANSWER FROM THE FORUM EVEN A SINGLE ANSWER I DID NOT GET I TRYING TO GET THE ANSWER OF MY PRECIOUS QUESTION BUT NO BODY YET ANSWERED OF QUESTION IAM REALLY FEEL BAD WHICH U MESSAGE SENT TO ME SORRY FOR ALL THIS

RAJA

Re: This Mail only For Mr.Littlefoot only [message #312835 is a reply to message #312806] Wed, 09 April 2008 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
@Raja,

I think you meant to place these two entries on THIS thread.

Please reread my response further above. Unfortunately, you may have to do the work yourself. We will help, but we can typically only supply the information we have available and unless you are really lucky that will not include a fully worked form that was written with your equipment in mind. Even if I did have one I probably couldn't give it to you as it would be the intellectual property of the organisation who paid me to write it.

I suggest that you use PM and possible the forum's email handler to contact the people who have posted threads that contain information that you find which may be of use to you.

David
Re: This Mail only For Mr.Littlefoot only [message #447298 is a reply to message #312835] Sat, 13 March 2010 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
I have Secgen thumb scanner, Can anyone tell me how to communicate it with oracle forms 6i.

thanks

Athar
OCX object problem [message #447383 is a reply to message #312412] Sun, 14 March 2010 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
Hi everyone,

i am new in using OCX controls ,

i have an ocx item in my form and i insert OCX object at design time and run the form but there is no object attached. i have to re-insert it.

Can anyone tell me the reason why is it so.

Thanks

Athar
Re: This Mail only For Mr.Littlefoot only [message #447648 is a reply to message #447298] Wed, 17 March 2010 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have answered your question earlier in this thread.

David
[EDITED by DJM: typo]

[Updated on: Wed, 17 March 2010 01:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: This Mail only For Mr.Littlefoot only [message #447797 is a reply to message #447648] Thu, 18 March 2010 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
Thanks David for your reply,

but i am still having problems.

Athar
Re: OCX object problem [message #447799 is a reply to message #447383] Thu, 18 March 2010 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
Anybody help me please.

Athar
Re: This Mail only For Mr.Littlefoot only [message #448035 is a reply to message #447797] Fri, 19 March 2010 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
Hi david,

i have the SecuGen ocx file. i attached the library with ole contrainer. i import all the ole packages. now i dont have any idea how to use these functions to communicate between Scanner and Ole Object.

when i insert device control object in Ole Container, it show that no device is selected.

any idea

i can send you ocx file if required.

Thanks

Athar
Re: This Mail only For Mr.Littlefoot only [message #448750 is a reply to message #448035] Thu, 25 March 2010 01:52 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What functions exist in the OCX? They normally have meaningful names. Did you receive any documentation with the scanner? Did you receive a CD/DVD with it?

David
Previous Topic: Select a file and load csv data into a table
Next Topic: Selective reords per page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:36:08 CDT 2024