Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. (forms 6i)
Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452811] Sat, 24 April 2010 21:18 Go to next message
soueric
Hi guys.

I have to create a new window in a newly developped forms 6i (in Oracle eBusiness Suite 11i).

This new window is to duplicate the Oracle standard alert systems.
I have to create a new one to match the style classes of the other windows in the developed forms. Actually, I did not manage to change the oracle alert I used first, to match fonts, colour and sizes defined in the customised class.
Thus, I decided to create a new window and canvas.

It has to display a confirmation message with 2 buttons: OK, Cancel.

This window contains a canvas displaying a confirmation message, and 2 buttons : Ok, Cancel attached to my data-block.

I manage to show this window, with a show_window command, called from a button on the previous window's canvas.

I do not manage to hide this new window, and to come back to the previous one, when I click on Cancel button.
The window does not hide.

Do you have any ideas on what I do not do properly ?
Re: Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452829 is a reply to message #452811] Sun, 25 April 2010 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What code did you write for the "Cancel" button?
Re: Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452859 is a reply to message #452829] Sun, 25 April 2010 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soueric
Hi Littlefoot.
Thanks for your answer.

The cancel button's code is a call to a procedure in a forms program unit package.
This procedure is doing:

hide_view('DIALOG BOX');
hide_window('DIALOG BOX');
show_window('PREVIOUS WINDOW');

I tried to play a bit with the different show/hide on views, canvas et window with no success.

Do you see something wrong ?
Thanks a lot.
Re: Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452864 is a reply to message #452859] Sun, 25 April 2010 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try to add
GO_BLOCK('block_that_is_on_a_canvas_you_would_like_to_go_to');
Doing so, you'll "force" Forms to change focus.
Re: Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452874 is a reply to message #452864] Sun, 25 April 2010 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soueric
Hi.
The thing is I don't have any data blocks on this window/canva.
Actually the 2 buttons belong to a data block from which we come from, before displaying the confirmation message.
Re: Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452879 is a reply to message #452874] Mon, 26 April 2010 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Never mind; then go to an item that is on another canvas. Instead of GO_BLOCK you'd use GO_ITEM.
Re: Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452882 is a reply to message #452879] Mon, 26 April 2010 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soueric
Yep. It's working if I come back to an item in the previous canvas.
The message is disappearing.
Thanks mate, you rock !

However, does it means that this dialog window in pushed at the background or close ?
How can I close it properly if it's not done ?

thanks.

I really need a training in forms, because I am lacking of essential skills.
Thanks.
Re: Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452896 is a reply to message #452882] Mon, 26 April 2010 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
"Pop-ups" I create are just canvases - I don't use a new window so - there's nothing to "close" really, just to "hide".

You said that those buttons (OK, Cancel) belong to the same data block as all other items - perhaps you shouldn't do that, but create a control block (the one that isn't based on a table or a view) and put such items in there. Such an approach helps keeping form design "clean" because items that logically don't belong to a database block aren't there.
Re: Hiding Window failing on forms 6i. [message #452899 is a reply to message #452896] Mon, 26 April 2010 02:48 Go to previous message
soueric
OK, I will redesign that if I got time before end of UAT. It's a late change but thanks for the advice.
Regards,
Previous Topic: How to select 1st record from the duplicate values in a table without using rownum and rowid
Next Topic: Create Menu Item In Run Time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:44:56 CDT 2024