Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Poor Performance in Accessing Remote Database
Poor Performance in Accessing Remote Database [message #455981] Thu, 13 May 2010 22:29 Go to next message
sandeepdheer

Hello Sir.
I have installed Oracle 10g on one system and Oracle developer on another machine, means i have different machines for DB Server and Application server.
It all working excellent inside the company premises, but if i want to access my Oracle DB and application server outside the company then it gives me problem.......i will be very thankful if you suggest me how to access application (forms and reports ) remotely outside the company....having same db.
my email id is sandeepdheer@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sandeep Dheer
Re: Poor Performance in Accessing Remote Database [message #455982 is a reply to message #455981] Thu, 13 May 2010 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>i have different machines for DB Server and Application server.

ALWAYS
Post Operating System (OS) name & version for DB server system.
Post results of
SELECT * from v$version
or post Oracle version to 4 decimal places

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

What version of APPLICATION SERVER; no letters only numbers.

Is this 2 or 3 tier application?
Re: Poor Performance in Accessing Remote Database [message #456006 is a reply to message #455982] Fri, 14 May 2010 01:06 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Why your title mentioned "Poor Performance in Accessing Remote Database" when your actual question is "how to access application (forms and reports ) remotely outside the company"?
Have you performances problem or just no access at all (which is not a performances problem)?

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Filter the records displayed in Form
Next Topic: icons problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:45:30 CDT 2024