Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Populating a value for the list item
Populating a value for the list item [message #456955] Thu, 20 May 2010 07:48 Go to next message
dhanasurya
Hi All,
I created one list item.which is populating values from list item query dynamically.If i select a particular value from list it will create new record.for the new record line i want to display list item as
'complete' (i.e not exists in the list).At this time i don't want the list also.How can i assign value to the list item in this scenario?

Thanks in Advance,
Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #456958 is a reply to message #456955] Thu, 20 May 2010 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You can't.
Lists can only display the values they've been populated with.
And while you can change the values in the list it wouldn't help you in this case.
You'd have to add the value to the list when you go to the new line but you wouldn't be able to remove it again as the value would be in use.

You do not want to use list items for this.
Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #456960 is a reply to message #456958] Thu, 20 May 2010 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhanasurya
Thank You for the Reply.
Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #456962 is a reply to message #456960] Thu, 20 May 2010 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhanasurya
Hi,
I am populating the list dynamically.But in the frontend application when i click on list item it is displaying with Scrollbars(Like Text Area) for the first time.I have takken poplist only.Why it is showing differently?

Thanks,
Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #456965 is a reply to message #456958] Thu, 20 May 2010 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
Hi,

i don't exactly know what you want, but using LIST_VALUES-build_in, I think, can do all that for you. You can change the underlaying Record_group (per Query or manually) on every "WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE"-trigger ( or "WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE"-trigger). When it should be a Poplist, use a Button desinged as a poplist-button.

regards Gregor
Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #456969 is a reply to message #456965] Thu, 20 May 2010 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Since the values for the list aren't stored on a row by row basis that would be a really bad idea.
You can add stuff ok but the OP will want to remove the 'complete' value from the list whenever they go to a different record and they will not be able to.
Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #456973 is a reply to message #456969] Thu, 20 May 2010 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
Hi ,
Question: should the Values one time selected, not be shown in the list?
IF answer is Yes.
..You can change the underlaying Record_group-Query. for example built a forms-global PL/SQL-Table to memorize the selected records.. The populate the record-Group with " Select id, <valuexx> from <table,s> where id not in (<built the ID-list>

Regards Gregor
Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #456977 is a reply to message #456973] Thu, 20 May 2010 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You can't remove a value from a list if it's currently in use (the value in question is displayed on screen) which it will be in this case.
Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #457023 is a reply to message #456955] Thu, 20 May 2010 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
Hi dhanasurya,
now it's your turn, please,

Please declare some Details of your question.
The following steps you described.

step1. create dynamically a List_item
step2. select a particular value from list and create a NEW record
Question 1.) the List should be closed after this Selection? Yes/No
step3.yes) Answer of Question 1. is assumed as YES
staying on the new record,
Question 2.) what should Excatly be possible further?

step3.no) Answer of Question 1. is assumed as NO
you have to develop your own widget.
Q2.) Is it like a Picklist ?

greetings Gregor

Re: Populating a value for the list item [message #457321 is a reply to message #457023] Sun, 23 May 2010 20:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In your 'key-listval' trigger you can display a 'message' or 'alert' to say "Completed". Then if it is not 'completed' then you can display an LOV or dynamically created list.

David
Previous Topic: Modifying form on unix server using Form Builder installed on Windows desktop
Next Topic: UI in Oracle Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:39:42 CDT 2024