Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Get block name from cursor focus location
Get block name from cursor focus location [message #467859] Tue, 27 July 2010 16:56 Go to next message
coolguy01
I have a delete button at the bottom of the form and have two blocks on top of it. I need to know which block i have the focus on or selected the record on pressing the delete button so that I go to that block and do a delete_record from that block. I came across :system.trigger_block which says it gives the name of the block where the cursor was located when the current trigger initially fired. But whenever i use it only returns the name of the block the delete button is located in. Instead i wanted to know where the focus of the cursor was or which record was selected in the above 2 blocks to go to that block and delete the record.

Thanks
Re: Get block name from cursor focus location [message #467863 is a reply to message #467859] Tue, 27 July 2010 19:52 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Well that would be the block where the cursor was - the cursor can be on buttons, it doesn't display the same way but it's there.
Try system.cursor_block and see if it does anything different - though I doubt it.
Why aren't you using the delete on the toolbar? It doesn't have this problem.
Previous Topic: Report Engine is not running
Next Topic: DDE Package. How to close a excel file without saving changes and without messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:46:10 CDT 2024