Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to display multi records in form block  () 1 Vote
How to display multi records in form block [message #115675] Wed, 13 April 2005 10:11 Go to next message
smartprg
I am new user and i would like to ask query regard form6i. I want to display multi record in the block when user enter student #. I want to display his previous exp which is saved in another table. i am fetching the data from the table thru cursor
but it is display only one record which the last record in the block rows which has 4 record rows display.
Please help me.
Re: How to display multi records in form block [message #115678 is a reply to message #115675] Wed, 13 April 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

I think you'r looking this type of solution
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/111031/67693/#msg_111031
Please check my answer there
Regards
Re: How to display multi records in form block [message #115757 is a reply to message #115678] Thu, 14 April 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartprg
Thanks for replying to my question. That exactly my problem is. but my scenerio is when the user enter student # and comes out of the field, all revelant information of that student should display in the respective field. I am using 5 blocks in the form and gave master/child relationship. I don't think i can use button for only that block. i m using WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM AND POST_TEXT_ITEM to display the information. I tried exactly the same cursor which u wrote. first in the POST_TEXT_ITEM and then i made PROGRAM_UNIT and try to run in POST_TEXT_ITEM AND WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM but it is giving me ILLEGAL PROCEDURE CALL for NEXT_RECORD built_in.
is there any way to run this cursor without a button on the form because i am using Oracle default processing with out any button.
Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: How to display multi records in form block [message #115767 is a reply to message #115757] Thu, 14 April 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

Well, I'll go with the same Form I have created before (hopefully you have developed one as instructed in the post).
So, if you don't want to use a button, you can have a Key-Next-Item trigger on v_text and when you'll give a value there and will press ENTER, it will move to the next item and will populate the block.
Just copy the same code from populate button and paste it in Key-Next-Item trigger.
It should work because it's working here.
Regards.
icon12.gif  Re: How to display multi records in form block [message #115772 is a reply to message #115767] Thu, 14 April 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartprg
It is working.

Thanks very much.
Re: How to display multi records in form block [message #123483 is a reply to message #115675] Mon, 13 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
preethi_dcf
Please help me out of this nightmare.

I have the similar kind of problem........... that is only one record is displayed instead of 8.
I used your exact same code but it says "RECORD MUST BE ENTERED OR DELETED FIRST" and it populates(overrides) the results(all Cool in the same line without moving to the next line.

thanks in advance
icon14.gif  Re: How to display multi records in form block [message #123618 is a reply to message #123483] Tue, 14 June 2005 03:10 Go to previous message
smartprg
Hi Preethi_dcf,
I wrote only simple procedure to fetch multiple records in the multi-record block. call this procedure in KEY_NEXT_ITEM from the field to want it.

PROCEDURE QRY_WORK_EXP IS
Cursor std_work is select comp_name,formal_title,st_date
from stdcv_work swork,student_cv scv
where scv.SSN = :coop_req.ssn and
swork.cv_code = scv.cv_code;

BEGIN
open std_work;
GO_BLOCK('STDCV_WORK');
FIRST_RECORD;
loop
Fetch std_work into :comp_name,:formal_title,:st_date;
exit when std_work%notfound;
next_record;
end loop;
close std_work;

END;

smartprg..
Previous Topic: forms 4.5
Next Topic: How to align button label to left?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:20:57 CDT 2024