Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Recover using ARCHIVE files in Oracle 8i
Recover using ARCHIVE files in Oracle 8i [message #225492] Tue, 20 March 2007 02:04 Go to next message
kumarvk
Hi,

I am taking backup of the complete database after proper shutdown every night. Now using that backup files I want to recover the database the next day in the afternoon in another server and also copy only the archive files from the production till afternoon to this server and make it active same like production till afternoon.

In case at anypoint of time if the production server is down suddenly in the afternoon I can able to run from the other server atleast I will have my datas till afternoon available in the backup server.

Can anyone help me how to go about this and make my production and backup server same alike as at for example 1.00pm.

For your information I am running my database files under Oracle 8i version.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 March 2007 02:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Recover using ARCHIVE files in Oracle 8i [message #225703 is a reply to message #225492] Wed, 21 March 2007 01:44 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
shutdown every night.
actually what are you trying to do...

why you take cold backup if your database running in ARCHIVELOG mode.
why your not use STANDBY database option.
http://www.oracle.com/pls/tahiti/tahiti.drilldown?levelnum=1&preference=&expand_all=&book=&method=FULL&chapters=0 &verb=&word=standby+database#a76995
REGARDS
Taj
Previous Topic: Multiple database on Oracle 10G Express edition ???
Next Topic: Sizing the SGA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:28:06 CDT 2024